Senior Developer - India
Sicap is a global telecommunication solution provider enabling Mobile Network Operators and Mobile Virtual Network Operators (MVNOs) to deliver an all-encompassing customer experience to make the mobile world more profitable, manageable, and secure. The company was founded 25 years ago as a Swisscom spin-off and now operates in 20+ countries and 40+ customer sites. Our international teams are in nine locations globally. Sicap is part of Lumine group of companies.
- Technical supervision of 2-3 team members
- Effort/timeline estimations for Product roadmap and Presales requirements
- Design of features/modules and documentation in UML
- Test cases definition and documentation in testing tool
- Hands on development including Unit, system and load testing and test results documentation
- Adherence to software development process as per organization guidelines
- Estimate vCPU, RAM requirements for VMs as per expected load
- Level 3 support for resolution of reported functional/non-functional defects as part of sustaining engineering
The attitude we value
Should be willing to take over development and troubleshooting responsibility of code base of existing complex telecom domain products and contribute significant value and be willing and flexible to work with older and legacy technologies/products as per requirement
Qualification and Education requirements
- Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Sc./Electronics/Telecommunication or higher/equivalent, OR
- Master of Computer applications or higher
- Hands on coding (preferably in a product development context), Core Java, Java EE, Wildfly, Spring framework, Spring Boot, JPA, Hibernate, PostgreSQL
- OOAD, UML (should be able to document designs in UML diagram and communicate to team), Design Patterns
- Proven experience in leading a team of junior developers
- Proven experience in performing effective code reviews
- Software development lifecycle, Agile, use of JIRA, as per inputs and organization guidelines
- Knowledge of one or more among Angular, JSF, PrimeFaces, willing to learn other GUI technologies on the job
- Optional: ELK stack, Cloud (AWS/Azure), Containerization, Docker, Kubernetes, Android native, JMeter (if not conversant, should be ready to learn on the job)
- Good understanding of telecom domain
- Good oral and written communication skills in English
How to apply?
Send your resume to email@example.com
// Management team
Meet our leaders
Combined experiences in mobile technology, executive leadership and engineering to build with our partners an advanced system of next generation mobile services.
Elena has more than 20 years of experience in the IT and telecommunications industries. Throughout her career, she has established a track record in influencing and managing executive decision making using operational and financial expertise. Elena is recognized for her success in delivering complex projects to improve operational performance for global organizations.
Yogesh has more than 10 years’ experience in IT Telecommunications. He is an accomplished
leader with a strong customer focus and exceptional technical acumen. He has rich experience
in delivering and supporting solutions in diverse technology areas(cloud, database, server, storage, network).
Olivier has 18 years of experience in engineering, as well as 13 years within the telecommunications industry. Since he joined Sicap in 2011, he has contributed to software design on several major products for Device Management, which led to the creation of high quality software. As Vice President of Professional Services and R&D, he is now driving excellence in the delivery of projects for Sicap’s customers and supervising the development of products and initiatives.
Vishal is a seasoned Digital Business enthusiast and comes with 20+ Years of intense experience in Telecom/IT, Digital Content & Media industry. He has worked with Mahindra Comvivia, DigiSpice Technologies, Bharti Airtel, Buongiorno H.K Ltd and MTS in his previous assignments.
// Our Blogs
Resources & Latest News
MVNO (Mobile Virtual Network Operators) increasing market and its impacts on communications
How mobile operators are protecting their business, saving costs and conforming to